>From: "Michael P. Soulier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>    You might then consider ImageMagick. It's intended for this kind of thing,
>as opposed to a lot of user interaction.

I still have to define __interactively__ one rectangle per image.
ImageMagick cannot do it.

Gimp can do what I want, but I should be able to move the
actual performance of operations to the patch processing.

In my own Gimp script:
 -Am I able to make a dialog window with one button: "next image"?
 -The script is able to close the previous image and open the next
  image?
 -While the image is open, am I able to draw a selection rectangle
  or a crop tool rectangle on the image?
 -To save the rectangle information to a file (when the "next" button
  is pressed while the rectangle is still visible)?

After all that I would be able to use another script to actually
perform the operations. If all above can be performed, I could check
that script myself.

By the way, it doesn't look good if people are here pointed to use
other software; why not ask how Gimp could be improved for making
all the above possible? Thanks.

Regards,

Juhana