I sent the following lines to the ImageMagick-list, but nobody seems to
be there. So, excuse me please, I send it here, knowing that here are
some people who know ImageMagick:

I try to use ImageMagick to scale 70 jpg-images. I tried to do this with
IM., because I thought it would be able to scale all the 70 images with
one script.
First I tried it only with three images, called 1.jpg, 2.jpg and 3.jpg,
stored in /a .
The script looks like this now:

/usr/X11R6/bin/convert /a/*.jpg temp.bmp
/usr/X11R6/bin/mogrify -geometry 300x200! temp.bmp
/usr/X11R6/bin/convert -adjoin temp.bmp /b/x.jpg

The result is:

x.jpg.0, x.jpg.1, x.jpg.2

So I would have to rename all files.

Now the question:
How can I achieve, that the filenames remain the same in /b as they are
in /a ?