I can't open the pages in a browser unless they have
an .html extension. If you'd do this, I'd like to take
a look. I'm using the same version of Gimp you are and
on the same platform. Gimp won't (can't) save a drop shadow
on a transparent background, at least in GIF format, and
probably XPM too. If you have a solid color background on
your page, put that same color as the background for your
graphic and add the drop shadow. Then when you save it as
a GIF, the drop shadow will look great. The drop shadow
also works on a textured background - only transparent
seems to create problems.

Teri Ward
...in sunny Seattle