Okay I just started using Gimp at a friends house today.  I loved it, and
so I went home and downloaded it for windows.  Everything installed just
fine but when I try to run it it shows the splash screen with
extension_script_fu on the bottom of the start screen.  Nothing else loads
and then a few seconds later it says Gimp has caused an error in
msvcrt.dll.  restart your computer if this problem persists.  needless to
say restarting didnt work.  Am i missing something?  Is there something
special im supposed to do to make the windows version work the way it
should? or is this just another stupid windows error?

              anyway, thanks in advance

               --Ishbu