On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:08:33AM -0700, Jeff Trefftzs wrote:
> First, remember that the Gimp does images, not text.  So your
> fonts are being rendered as images, not as vector text.  You
> didn't say what form of Gimp output you are using:  are you
> saving the images as GIFs or jpegs?  If GIFs, then you lose some
> quality when you convert to indexed - you may lose some of the
> Gimp's anti-aliasing along the edges.  This is inherent in
> converting to indexed formats in general.
> Perhaps if you could be more specific about the problems your
> wife is encountering, we could be more helpful.

    The majority of it is true-type support. We've been playing with xfstt to
get true types set up, as well as upgrading to XFree 4.0.2 with the built-in
freetype module. The fonts still aren't anti-aliased, but they're decent.

    Out of curiousity, do you all do fonts in the Gimp, or do you use a vector
graphics package first and then import it?

Michael P. Soulier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a
good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be
dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead." -- RFC 1925

PGP signature