>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 4/26/01, 2:42:08 AM, Avi Bercovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote regarding
Re: [Gimp-user] gimp install ques on SuSE7.0:

 -c gimp-remote /usr/local/bin/gimp-remote
> > /usr/bin/ginstall: cannot create regular file
> > `/usr/local/bin/gimp-remote': Permission denied
> >

> > What's gimp-remote, and where do I find info for it?  Can this be fixed?,
> > or am I in deep do-do.  8-)

> try running make install as root.

> As ever Unix is being totally truthfull, not pulling any ounches. You're
> installing into /usr/local thus you as a user have no rights to write
> anything there - si 'Permission is denied'. Generally after building
> software from source with some user account, you need to run `make
> install` as root.

> hope this helps,

> avi

Thanks, Avi:  Too many hours, not enough years with linux, and Geeeez,
how did I block on this one?  Yuck.  Going to take a nap.  Thanks, Again, Tom