Dave Morse wrote:

> I'm working with a lot of small grayscale images with transparency.  The
> grey-on-grey checkerboard that gimp displays for "transparent" pixels
> camoflauges the actual image pixels almost perfectly, making things hard
> to work with.  Is there a preference somewhere to set the transparent-bg
> to some tiled image?  If so I would go for all red, or something.

Go into preferences->Display.  I see the options of:

Transparency type: light checks, mid-tone checks, dark checks, white
only, grey only, black only

Check Size: small, medium, large

Don't see an option for your 'red', but maybe one of the above will
work.

> I can create a new layer of 100% red, put it under the image, and delete
> it when done, but alas, I've got so many images that the time for doing
> that for each is prohibitive.
>
> --Dave

Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein