* Markus Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010710 16:32]:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to put an image with transparency on my web-page. I saved it in
> png-format but navigator shows a white background of the image although gimp
> shows the image with transparent background when reopening the picture.
> in gimp this picture is one simple layer.
>
> i am sure that i didn't see the simple solution. could anybody please give me
> a hint ?

Netscape has very ropey support for PNG format images.
Save as GIF?
(I know that's not really a fix, but it's that or one of those awful
"You need ot use IE to view this webpage" popups. Yuk.
--
Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be
yours too."