Aladdin Systems offers "Stuffit Expanders" a Mac and Windows
freeware program which can expand BinHex (.hqx) files for Windows
users.

Below is the download link.

        http://www.aladdinsys.com/downloads/software.html

After "stuffit exander" has converted text file (.hqx) to
a binary file (ie .gif, .jpeg or .jpg) you will be able to
open it in Gimp or a browser.

Good luck!

Regards,

  Dan

Dan Carrigan          Reference Librarian  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Antioch College   Olive Kettering Library  |  937 767-1240
795 Livermore Street                       |  "Civility costs nothing and
Yellow Springs, OH  45387-1695             |   buys everything" L. Montagu