On 20 Jul 01, at 20:55, Jakub Steiner wrote:

> > I'm having some trouble opening psd files, that were created by
> > Photoshop6.0. I've had no problems with those of version 5.0.
> >
> > But now, some parts of the image disappears. Like drop shadow.
>
> I might be talking out of my arse, but I think PH6 has some layer
> effects like drop-shadow you mention. GIMP has no such functionality
> yet, so it is silently discarded. If I am not mistaken, you can
> somehow render the effects in Photoshop so they become a regular
> bitmap layer or something.

You are right, Photoshop 6 has an extensive menu of effects that
you can now apply to a layer by simply selectine a menu button a
at the bottom of the layers box.

Bill.

William Bradley,
Leaflets of Faith
http://www.leaflets.on.ca
We invite you to take a look at our email list:
http://www.egroups.com/group/leafletsoffaith