On 23 Jul 2001 09:36:21 +0200, Rebecca J. Walter wrote:

> If you make an image with transparency in it (use a transparent
> background, etc) and then index the image and save it, you will have a
> transparent gif.

geez..:)......finally and thanks for hint.......I didnt' even notice the transparent option under "new" image creation.  which still didn't help perse as I already had an image I had created for which I wanted the background to be transparent...but I just cheated and select contiguous regions and  cut it ...that worked.....in future I"ll just turn on transparent to begin with..:-) I"m just used to other apps that allow you to sav via GIF and choose transparent color.

Lee Johnson
======================

Business Site:
http://www.imyourhandiman.com

General Site:
http://www.imyourhandiman.com/indextwo.html

Music of ' The Carpenters ' !
http://www.imyourhandiman.com/TheCarpenters

Thank you and feel free to sign our guestbook