I'm a new user of The Gimp (running version 1.0 on Linux).  I have a
very basic question:  how do I actually start a plug-in that is
installed on my system?  I want to use "gfig" and I see that I have it
(it appears as an executable in my /usr/lib/gimp/1.0/plug-ins), but if I
run it directly I get:

./gfig is a gimp plug-in and must be run by the gimp to be used

But I see no way of invoking a plug-in from the menus while in The
Gimp.  There is no icon for it, and I cannot seem to find a link to it
through any menus while in the program.

I've gone through documentation and can read about downloading and
installing plug-ins, but not the basics of starting one from The Gimp!

Thanks for any help.

David R. Buckler

679 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ  08854