If your album is to be in HTML, you might try gphoto.  You don't have
to have a digital camera to use the Gallery feature, and the gallery
themes are easily customized.  It uses ImageMagik to do the
thumbnails.  See http://www.gphoto.org for more info.

HTH,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: blogan at newcreature dot org
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0