    Gunnar> I have a 32 bit PNG image that I wish to convert to a 16
    Gunnar> bit PNG image.  Can the GIMP do that for me (if so, please
    Gunnar> tell me how)? Or would you recomend any other tool for
    Gunnar> that?

Really?  According to the libpng man page, PNG stores "RGB pixels
packed into 3 or 6 bytes" and "PNG files reduce possible bit depths to
1, 2, 4, 8, and 16", i.e., there isn't any such thing as a 32-bit PNG
image.  Are you *sure* its PNG?

                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                       Forest Hills, NY 11375