On Thursday 22 November 2001 09:54, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero
wrote:
- - -snip - - -
> If IIRC, fetchmsttfonts is not about supporting fonts, but about
> downloading and installing the MS fonts. For XFv4 you can use them
> directly, and in older ones you can use a font server (in both cases
> read the docs about how to add new font dirs). Anyway, with GIMP that
> is necessary for the normal and gdyntext texts, freetype plug-in
> supports the fonts by itself.
>
> GSR

Hi, Guillermo:  Happy Thanksgiving Day wherever you are.

Well, I was expecting a change in the font selection list in Gimp1.2 after
running fetchmsttfonts.  Didn't see it.  So, I'm thinking there has to be
another step to take, to have Gimp see the newly installed fonts.

Maybe you might have a manual check I could try.  Something like,
Create a new directory:   ~/gimpfonttest/
Copy a truetype font from /usr/- - - -/fonts/truetype/somefontfile to the new
dir
Then tell Gimp something someplace? to see it.

Thanks, Tom