Subba,

I'd agree with Rebecca here.

What you're trying to do sounds a lot like a clone operation.  To use the clone
tool, select your "source" by holding Control, and clicking where to start
copying from.  Then release Control, and paint into the "destination".  All of
this uses the current brush shape do to the painting.

If you really want to make a new brush (it doesn't sound like it from your
description) you can always save as a .gpb (gimp pixmap brush) into your
~/.gimp-1.2/brushes directory, refresh the brushes, and select your new brush.

Happy GIMPing,

Seth