Thanks for the info, Carol!  I'll install FreeType and see if that helps.  I'm finding by adding various font servers to my X-Server, I'm not having the font problems I was having before (at least not as much).  I'll install the plug-in and see what happens.

I'm using the gimp as an alternative to PhotoShop, which I can't afford.  I've seen PhotoShop 6 in action and it has some neat features, but I'm so NEW to graphic design that I don't know what most of this stuff is for anyway.  I've finally figured out how to use layers, which is helping out a LOT!!!  I'm trying to learn how to do things like "lift" a person from a JPEG image so the background is NOT there and just the person.  Then I can take the person and pasted them on a background of my choosing.  Stuff like that..... :)

Thanks!

Peace.....

Tom

My DVD Collection