Sorry for the false alarm.  Here is the EXACT warning message I get:

invoking perl for configuration...
checking for PDL support... yes
checking for PDL include path... -I/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/PDL/Core
checking for PDL typemap... /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/PDL/Core/typemap.pdl

NOTICE: Parse::RecDescent not found, scm2perl, the Scheme->Perl
        translator, will not work. This is normally not a problem, since
        it is quite unimportant for most people.

building embedded perl module... no
writing Gimp/Config.pm... ok
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good

So the Scheme to Perl translator is what will NOT work and Scheme support WILL work.   Sorry for misleading you.... :)

Peace......

Tom

My DVD Collection

John Beppu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>