Howdy Gimp people.  I'm having a problem configuring and compiling the
latest stable version of the Gimp.  On configure, I get this error.  I
have configured and installed the jpeg version found on both the Gimp
ftp server, and the one from uu.net's ftp server (removing the previous
one before setting up the other).  I added /usr/bin to my ld.so.config
and have run ldconfig (that's the only place the stuff from the jpeg
libs were installing) and /usr/local/lib was already added to
ld.so.config previously.  I also added /usr/bin to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
just in case.  All of the above is also true for the mpeg libraries
too.  Any ideas?

checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg... (cached) no
configure: warning: *** JPEG plug-in will not be built (JPEG library not
found) ***
configure: warning: *** XJT plug-in will not be built (JPEG library not
found) ***
checking for gzsetparams in -lz... (cached) yes
checking for zlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for png_read_info in -lpng... (cached) yes
checking for png.h... (cached) yes
checking for png_structp in png.h... yes
checking for GetMPEGFrame in -lmpeg... (cached) no
configure: warning: *** MPEG plug-in will not be built (MPEG library not
found) ***