On Monday 25 March 2002 11:04 am, Carol Spears, was heard saying:
> On 2002-03-25 at 0741.58 -0500, Cruz, John J typed this mail:
> > GIMP Users,
> >
> > I recently competed a flyer for a relative that I had incorporated
> > several clip-arts from the Internet.  Many of them had a colored
> > background that was not compatible with the white background I was
> > using.  I used Gimp to remove the background using the rectangle
> > and Del button.  This was very time consuming to say the least and
> > prone to cutting away parts that I did not want too.  I believe
> > there is a better way to do this.
> >
> > Somewhere I believe there is GIMP function that allows surrounding
> > the selected art object about its perimeter and deleting everything
> > outside it. Its name, use and location escapes me.  Would someone
> > run me through this process, please. Is there a better way of
> > removing background color?
> >
> > jjc
> there are a few methods.
> 1) touch the background color with the magic wand. that will select
> the continuous area of color. then Edit ->Cut
> 2) Filters ->Colors ->Color2Alpha (on linux) might work also.
> i have a question, where is the Del button?
> carol
I have also used the paint bucket to fill the offending color with a
color of choice also.  Pretty easy to do, if your picture has no
missing pixels that might cause the color to go beyond your selected
area.  Of course, if it does, you can always hit the "Undo" button!  :o)

I'll be Carol doesn't have that button either!  ;o)

           ---KMail 1.3.2--- SuSE Linux v7.3 Pro---
             Registered Linux User #225206
Magic Page Products -- Amiga-SuSE-PC Sales & Service