Em Sexta 12 Abril 2002 19:40, the matrix traced a message in which Will Muir
 >Dear List,
 >I am trying to create a pdf document for print using the gimp.  I have
 >saved my image as a ps file and tried to convert it with ps2pdf.  The
 >problem is that it looks really really bad.  The fonts are almost
 >unreadable and the images are grainey.
 >How would I convert a ps file to a high quality pdf file.  I have read
 >the online docs for ps2pdf and found them a bit over my head.  Any help
 >that you could give me would help.
 >p.s If this is the wrong place for this could someone send me in the
 >right direction.
the easiest way out : simply open you document with you editor and hit the
print button. then choose the option -> print to output file. give it a name,
ie, file.ps or file.pdf
an easy way out : install enscrypt.
another way: install latex and its gui called lyx. you can turn xdvi files
into .pdf and txt and .ps files.
all this of course assuming you're running linux.
best regards

LINUX user number: 217052
icq number: 132859539
línguas: Português/English/Esperanto
homepage: www.cyberhades.hpg.com.br
more in one page of finnegans wake [deepstudied]
than in the whole of life [skipped over]