On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 07:13, Jeff Jensen wrote:
> I have a picture from the Harley Davidson web site of an Ultra with a solid
> white background. Shouldn't there be a simple way of converting the white
> background to transparent automatically?

try

filters -> colors -> color to alpha

If you use the color picker to select the background color, you can drag
that color into the color to alpha color box

Very cool tool that happens to be buried in the menus.

Someone did a really nice tutorial on this issue recently and posted the
url to this list.  Of course I don't know where a searchable archive is
so that does not help much does it?

Bret