> Someone did a really nice tutorial on this issue recently and posted the
> url to this list.  Of course I don't know where a searchable archive is
> so that does not help much does it?

The tutorial is at

Do note that my tutorial works best for non-photographic images, but you can
use it to get close with photographic ones and touch up what you need to

Its not in general an easy problem.  There's not really a great tool for it yet
in Gimp; this filter goes totally agressive and leaves no hint of the color to
be removed.

Happy GIMPing,

Seth Burgess

Do You Yahoo!?