On Thursday 16 May 2002 08:20 am, Julien Pecher wrote:
> Dear All,
>
>         I am a new Gimp (version 1.2.2) user under SGI/IRIX:
>         - I print a postcript file using an Adobe utility.
>         - I load this postcript file in Gimp, modify it and print it again
> with Gimp.
>         The resolution of the postcript file printed is worst after
> modifications
>     in
>         Gimp than before modification using the Adobe tool.
>
>         Why ? Is there a way to increase the resolution of the printed file
> with Gimp
>         [I
>         use a HP postcript laserprinter (until 600 dpi)] ?
>
>         Thanks, Regards, Juju
When you output a PS file from Gimp at the correct density it will print OK.
(If you bring in a file at 600 dpi and then enlarge it you will lose
precision.)

Printing a PS file directly from Gimp is a different story. It is printing an
image of the screen which is 72 dpi. So save your altered PS file instead
(at the correct density) and then print it from e.g. Acrobat Reader or
Ghostscript.

That works for me :-)

John C.
--