On 30 May 2002, Roland Roberts wrote:

> If you are putting it on the web, ignore DPI.  You don't care about
> DPI, you care about dimensions.  DPI will have *no* effect on what you
> see for a web image.

I used to have a web page to illustrate this.  I had two 72x72 pixel
images and one was 1dpi and the other was 1000dpi when you opened them in

In the web browser, side by side, they were identical.  :-)

I had to make the web page to settle an arguement.

I noticed the guy asking the question worked in a pre-press capacity...
over in that world dpi is important so I can understand him asking.

Jon Winters                              O   O   O   O   O   O   O
"History Will Prove us right"           <O> <B> <S> <C> <U> <R> <A>
http://www.obscurasite.com/jon/         / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \