On Thu, 2002-05-30 at 20:48, James wrote:
> Hello all.
> I have an issue with Gimp's fonts. I have been following various
> postings and have installed the gimp freetype. One thing I don't
> understand is the xfs relationship with Gimp. I have read through the
> manual regarding this section. I have done what is recommended in this
> section.So now I have finally come to the question below:
>     My understanding about .ttf's is that they're supported by xfs;

The short answer is yes.

> Gimp uses the xfonts; should Gimp be able to use the .tff's due to the
>     flexibility of xfs?

The Nitty Gritty :^)

I have just installed a set of truetype fonts on my Debian Linux box and
got them working.

What you need to do is make sure that the X font server you are running
supports truetype fonts. (The Docs should say so). In my case, xfs-xtt
is my font server.

Follow the instructions pertinent to your distribution for installation
and Gimp will automagically pick up the fonts with the text tool.

  Ryan Alexander Neily           Webpipe Design
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]          http://webpipe.ca
                  LINUX POWERED WEB ARTIST