First, thanks to all who answered my border question. I am keeping all those
messages for future reference.

Now, I want to make a book cover, four color. I know that cmyk is handled only
marginally in Gimp. I don't have and don't particularly want to have
Adobe Distiller (the Unix price is ridiculous.) So what is the best strategy
for me to follow, assuming that my printer will need to pick up the prepress
preparation burden at some point? Should I attempt to prepare separations?
Should I convert my Gimp-made cover to pdf via Ghostscript?

And has anyone actually done a book cover in four colors using Gimp?

All replies appreciated.

John Culleton

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"