John Culleton wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 June 2002 09:37 pm, Tom Williams wrote:
> > Hi!  I'm running Gimp 1.2.3 on Slackware Linux 8.0 w/ custom 2.4.18
> > kernel, glibc-2.2.5, gcc-3.1, binutils-2.12.1, XFree86 4.2.0
> > upgrades.    I run at 1280x1024 screen resolution at 16-bit color
> > depth.  Everything runs fine, UNTIL I try to use the Script-Fu logo
> > tools to make a logo (like Cool Metal or something) when X
> > *itself* crashes right when I click the "OK" button ot let Script-Fu
> > start making the icon.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!  :)
> >
> > Peace....
> >
> > Tom

> Could be a memory problem either on your video card or in the allocation of
> swap memory for Gimp. How much memory on your video card? What
> density in dpi are you using for your logo? How big is it in pixels?
>
> John Culleton

> D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
>              http://www.doteasy.com

Thanks for the tip.  I have a Diamond Viper 330 video card w/ 2MB
(I believe) or RAM.   My GIMP cache is set at 32MB and my undo level at 100.
I *DO* have "Conservative Memory Use" checked and I will uncheck that to see
if that helps and back down my undo history.

I don't know what DPI is being used for the logos, outside of the default DPI
of 72, since X crashes BEFORE anything happens when I press the "Ok" button.

Thanks again for your help!

Peace....

Tom