I would like to be able to manage images with embedded .icc profiles in
them.  I downloaded the gimp color manager plug-in and tried to compile it,
with it failing because of a bunch of undefined reference errors.  I  have
lcms installed on a Debian Woody install with Gimp 1.2.3.  If any one could
help me with this it would be appreciated.

Even if I do get this to compile, is it going to be a complete color
management solution?  The plug-in appears to be a very alpha stage project
with little work being done on it for a couple of years.  To me this is a
make or break issue for me and the Gimp.  If I can not come up with a color
management solution, even if I have to use resource other then the Gimp I
will have to get PhotoShop Elements and run Windows which would be a major
loss in usability for me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hitch your wagon to a star.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hitch your wagon to a star.
Ralph Waldo Emerson