Is the same as right clicking on the mouse to change the image?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Drummond [mailto:mark.drummond@;]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 2:03 PM
Subject: [Gimp-user] mimicking gnome desktop feature

Hi all,

The gnome desktop background config widget lets you (used to let you? 
I don't see it in my gnome control center any more) take an image and 
blend it into your background with a "hammered out" look. Sorry, I 
cannot explain it better.

I want to mimic that effect with the gimp. I have a desktop background 
   and I would like to blend a photo into the background. The idea is 
for the photo to have that hammered out (like an image made of 
hammered out copper) look using the existing background color.

Any ideas?

Mark Drummond
Technical Specialist
STANTIVE Solutions Inc. - Kingston, ON, Canada
Sun Microsystems Independent Sales Organization (ISO)

T] 613.634.7410 ext.226   E] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
F] 613.634.7412           W]

Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to