Hello,

I'm trying to build gimp 1.3.9 on solaris 5.8

I've already built gtk+ 2.0.6 and its sub-libs, they are installed in a "non-standard" location, pointed to by $USRLOC

I'm running the gimp configure like this:
$ CPPFLAGS=-I$USRLOC/include LDFLAGS=-L$USRLOC/lib ./configure --prefix=$USRLOC

the output complains that it can't find gnome-config:

found xgettext program is not GNU xgettext; ignore it
checking for catalogs to be installed... ca cs da de el en_GB es fi fr ga gl hu hr it ja ko nl no pl pt pt_BR ro ru sk sv tr uk zh_CN zh_TW
checking for pkg-config... /local/u1/work/usrlocal/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... yes (version 2.0.6)
checking for bind_textdomain_codeset... no
checking for X... libraries /usr/openwin/lib, headers /usr/openwin/include
checking whether -R must be followed by a space... no
checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for connect... no
checking for connect in -lsocket... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /local/u1/work/usrlocal/bin/pkg-config
checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.0.0... sh: gnome-config: not found
sh: gnome-config: not found
no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Test for GTK failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.

what am I doing wrong?

I'm attaching the config.log (compressed)

thanks!!

--
Lou