From: "Jed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2002 6:05 PM
Subject: [Gimp-user] TrueType Fonts Question

Hello,

I use FreeBSD 4.7-stable, Gimp version 1.2.3, KDE 3.0.4 and X11 4.2.x.  I
recently installed several .ttf fonts using KDE's Font Installer.  I did
this
specifically so that I could utilize them with Gimp.  They are working just
fine in X11/KDE but I cannot get them to list in the Gimp's font-list.

I've searched everywhere (including this list's archive) for a fix and the
only thing I could find was a site that suggested installing the
freetype-0.2
mod?  I did this and the install went just fine (after i linked gtk12-config
to gtk-config) but these new fonts are still not showing in Gimp.

I'm sure that I'm just missing something here (maybe a line in gimprc) but I
can't seem to figure out what.  Is there anyone on this list that might have
experience with this who could help me out?

Thanks!