You might want to check out dia. The interface is much like gimp, but it does much like what you're looking for. Flowcharts, electrical circuits and such.

If that's not what you need, there's a great straight line tutorial here:

Ariel Kass wrote:
i'd like to know how i can draw a diagram with
straight lines and boxes with gimp. i've searched
around but the closest i could get was how to draw
pixels with paint brush - this doesn't help me much
when trying to make lone straight lines

Ariel Kass

Do you Yahoo!?

Until later: Geoffrey		[EMAIL PROTECTED]