On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 14:33, Rory Grant wrote:
> Do you have a selection in the clipboard when you create the new image?
> If so, the GIMP uses the selection size for a new image by default.
> There may be a way to alter this, but in 1.2.3, it is not in the
> preferences menu.  As a workaround, you could try creating the image
> before you cut/copy something to paste into it, but then how does one
> clear the clipboard buffer?  I don't really know.
>
> Maybe this will get you started though...
>
> HTH
>
> RoryG

Actually, in 1.2.3 (which I compiled from source) I am able to define
the default image size for new images. I have nothing in the clip board
that I know of (nothing more then an odd bit of text, anyways) when I
ask to create a new image. I rather like being able to define the
default size for new images. I usually don't cut/copy/paste my images,
either.