Hello,

I am having an issue with a Script that I have written being called from the
command line.

Here is what I am trying to do.  I have written a script using Scheme that runs
great when I have Gimp loaded up (ie not from the command line).  No problems,
does everything that I want. The real point of the script is to automate some
image resizing from the command line.  I know that many of you out there are
going to point out that ImageMagick will do what I am looking for. I have
already gone down that path and the image quality of the scaled images is not up
to the quality that client wants.  However, I can make a better, smaller image
using Gimp....now I just need to make it completely automated.

here is the rub.....

I have the script streamlined down and everything is set to be
non-interactive.   So i should just be able to pass in the variables and away we
go....  My thinking is obviously flawed here as it doesn't quite work.

here is how I am calling the script:....

gimp -b '(script-fu-automated-resize 1 "200" "200"
"/export/home/matt/toprocess/Imagein.jpg"
"/export/home/matt/toprocess/Imageout.jpg")' '(gimp-quit 0)'

The script takes in a height, width, beginning image and output image.  I pass
it a 1 before all of that for non-interactive.  The script is designed to open
the beginning image, resize accordingly, and then save to the output image.

I get the following response.....
batch command: executed successfully.

One would think that I should be able to check my system and I should see the
end image....nope....nada...nothing.  If I change the option of 1 to 0 to run in
interactive mode...I get the prompt for the default values of the script.
Height, Width, Image to process....final image.  If I enter those in, click the
ok button....it runs like a champ.  What am I missing?  I have the
non-interactive bit set on the file open which I assume is what is causing this
dialog to pop up.

Any ideas? tips? Pointer? References?  Anyone already have a  thumbnail script
that works in this way that can shed some light on the subject?

Matt Patterson