On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:28:17PM -0500, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At what point is it better to use The GIMP for batch processing over
> Image Magick?

For one, whenever you want to interactively adjust sth.  ImageMagick is a
blind flight, with gimp you can more easily change parameters, retry etc..

Also, Gimp might have that "effect of the day" you really need. In this
case ImageMagick simply isn't an option. And the Gimp has _lots_ of
effects ;) The same is true for any script or function that is available
for the gimp but not ImageMagick.

Last not least, ImageMagick can be a memory hog and almost always is
extremely slow in everything. Gimp can be a lot faster, and when you have
to process 20,000+ images that might save a lot of hours.

> nicer than Image Magick.  I read from someone (jlbec on #gimp) that The
> GIMP hands saving as png much much better than Image Magick.  so i would

Well, we'd like to know in what respect ;)