Hi,

  I have a Hand Written Text that I want to make into
  a Nice Logo. How is that best accomplished. I'm using
  gimp 1.2.1

  So far I use lasso to capture the text and have pasted
  it onto the background I want. But I want to bold out
  the text itself so it can look rounded and stand out
  more. The text is white and the background is light purple.

  Also maybe a way to make the logo sparkle at certain points
  of the image.

  I appreciate it.

*** Phillip B. Bruce                                     ***
*** "Politicians and diapers have one thing in common.   ***
***  They should both be changed regularly and for the   ***
***  same reason."                                       ***