On Thursday 13 March 2003 03:27 pm, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:11:37 -0500
>
> "PL O'Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thursday 13 March 2003 03:02 pm, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if the Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman works
> > > ok under Linux - especially with The Gimp (I can't afford a
> > > tablet
> > >
> > > :-()? I'm not sure how many buttons it has - looks like about 6
> > > : or
> > >
> > > 7.
> > >
> > > How does one drag and drop (ie. moving a graphic around inside a
> > > graphic) using
> > > a trackball - does the *lock* button work, or does one have to
> > > struggle holding the *left* button down whilst moving the
> > > trackball?
> > >
> > > Blessings,
> > >
> > > Nigel Ridley
I don't think you would say it is difficult and if the unit has a lock
for the button, that could provide an easier extended move.  I don't
know that it will help with a one pixel move though any more than the
mouse.  If you have limited desk space, a trackball is nice and one can
become accustomed to using it pretty well.  I just have never liked
trying to draw with one, just too eratic trying to draw precisely.

Patrick