Martin Katz, Ph.D. wrote:


Dear Mr. McCauley,

What is a "calque"? Is that the same as a Gimp layer?


Yes it is, Martin. Sorry for any confusion, the result of writing in English about a program I run in French.


Denis McCauley wrote:

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 01:55, Ireneusz Slonina wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, Carol Spears wrote:
> > hi, as far as i know, there is no way to do this. what i do is save i=
> > as a new name and delete the unnecessary layers.
> I mean that I want to first develope a small part of image, in layers
> and then move it to bigger, main image - it's just more efficient
> for me... It's a pity that I can't do it without flattening the image..

There is a way to do this. Once your layered image is finalised change the canvas size to the size of your large image then create a new calque of this size. Copy your large image to the new calque, then move it down to the bottm of the calques list. Next you click each of your small layers between the eye and the thumbnail so that a cross appears. This allows you to move all the layers so selectionned together to the position you want.
Denis McCauley

Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to