Jakub Steiner wrote:

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 22:31, David selby wrote:

However if I draw in gimp and save as png, all is ok in linux browsers
(all of them!) but it does not work in IE

Any ideas how to streamline this so I can save from gimp and it all work ?

IE on windows doesn't render RGBA PNGs properly (unless you want to use this kludge: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q294714). You can use 1bit transparency PNG similar to what GIF provides. In GIMP index the colors before saving as PNGs (You don't need to do this for GIFs, because Gimp does it for you, GIFs can't be RGBA).

cheers

Yuk what a kludge !, pitty they didn't write IE right in the first place !, opps sorry Linux demon comming out !

Many thanks for the tip, I will try as you say and index first.
Dave