My name is Nicu Cismaru and I am a new user of GIMP. I want to create a script that will generate a transparent gif with my email address. The parameters of the script should be the font and the color. I am using WinGIMP v1.2.3.

I have tried to create a script based on the example Michael Terry gives in its tutorial but I got stucked. I make an image (gimp-image-new), a layer for the image (gimp-layer-new) and a layer for the text (gimp-text-fontname). I resize the image to the dimensions of the text but I do not know what I should do next as this is the first script I am working at.

Thank you for your time, Nicu