johnny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1. Let's say I have this image I need to rotate precisely by 2.5
> degrees CCW. How I am supposed to do this simple task in Gimp?

Choose the transform tool, make sure it has Rotation choosen, click
into the image. You will get a dialog where you can enter the desired
rotation angle.

Does this help? http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/tutorials/Tileable_Textures/

> 3. A Distort tool seems to be missing in Gimp. Correct me if I am
> wrong.

What exactly is a Distort tool? Using Photoshop terminology doesn't
help, perhaps you could explain what such a tool would do?!