On Sunday 15 June 2003 06:12, A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 01:12:51AM -0700, Tom Williams wrote:
> > Jeff Trefftzs wrote:
> > > /usr/include/limits.h:-6358: internal error: Segmentation fault
> > > Please submit a full bug report,
> > > with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> > >
> > > Any ideas what might cause this?  I'm on RH9, with a previously
> > > installed Gimp-1.2.3.  Is it my system (not impossible) or is
> > > this a real bug?
> >
> > This looks like a compiler bug as I was able to build gimp-1.2.5 on
> > Slackware 8 with a custom 2.4.20 kernel, gcc-3.3, glibc-2.3.2, and
> > glib/gtk+-1.2.10.
> >
> > Can you possibly upgrade to gcc-3.3 (sources at
> > ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc) and see what happens?
> >
> > Peace...
>
>         Hate to throw a 'me too' in here, but gimp-1.2.5 compiles
> cleanly (both patched and full source) on my Slackware 9.0 box,
> gcc-3.2.2, glibc-2.3.1, gtk+-1.2.10. From the error that you posted,
> it sounds like it's a glibc error that you're getting. Check which
> version of glibc you're using, and let us know.
>
>                                                         BL.

Jeff,
Also check to see if you have all the development files installed too.
Usually that is the problem with most compiles and if you are running
the downloaded version of RH, they don't always include all the devel
files you need.  They have what now 3 or 5 ISO images for download?  If
you only got the first 3, you probably need the other 2 as well.

Patrick
        Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...