On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 03:08, Sven Neumann wrote:

> This font selector dialog is likely to go away as soon as the font
> list/grid and popup widgets are good enough to replace it.

For some time now, on both 1.2.x and 1.3.x, I have noticed some
curiosities about the GIMP's font handling.  I have downloaded and
installed a number of true-type fonts, most of which work fine, as long
as I run xfstt to serve them up, but a few of these fonts behave
differently depending on which tool I use to view them.

In particular, using GIMP-1.2.5, the text tool by itself fails to show
any characters for several of my fonts, meaning I can't use them,
although the Freetype tool, while still not letting me use any of the
characters, will at least show them in the character grid.

In GIMP-1.3.15, I have similar problems, but now that I'm running RH-9
(a Gnome-2 system), I find that Nautilus can display *all* of my fonts,
at least to the point of popping up the gnome-font-viewer when I click
on the font file in Nautilus.  What are the plans to unify font
handling?  I realize this is a horribly hairy problem.

Regards,
--

--Jeff

Jeff Trefftzs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>