Christopher Bergeron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hey guys, I think this is an easy question but I can't seem to figure
> it out.  I've googled, read the docs, etc. but I can't figure out how
> to build Gimp with aalib.  I'd like to save my file as an ascii art
> type file.  AA isn't an option in the save menu.  I downloaded,
> compiled and installed aalib (the most recent ver.) and I configured
> gimp as: configure --with-aa but no adeu.  My distro is Slackware 9.
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?

It should be sufficient to have aalib installed with headers in a
place where the compiler and linker is able to find it. GIMP's
configure script should then detect that aalib is available and enable
the build of the plug-in.

You may have to adjust CPPFLAGS and/or LDFLAGS to make the compiler
find the aalib headers and to make the linker find the library. The
configure output should tell you more exactly where the problem is
located. And then there's config.log which has even more details.