Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 09:00, Simon Males wrote:

Farmiliar with Filters > Render > Gfig... > Display Grid ???

how can i get such a grid on a normal image?

Ability to show a grid over the canvas and optionally having the tools
snap to it has been added to current CVS HEAD (1.3.x). This feature is
not available in 1.2.x - you can however use guides: try click-n-drag on
the rulers, drag it to somewhere in the image. Maybe that can be helpful
to you...

I'm not familiar with the gfig->display grid option, but.....

I thought I was going crazy on this one, cause I could have sworn that this was possible, yet I could not find it in my current install of 1.2.3 gimp on SuSE 8.2.

I know I have used such a facility before. I fired gimp up on my Red Hat box, and sure enough, the right click menu has the 'guides' option, which presents the 'guide grid' option which does exactly (I think) what you're looking for. You get a dialog that asks for: x spacing, y spacing, x offset, y offset.

Now the question is, where'd it go on 1.2.3 on my SuSE box?

Sincerely, ./Brix

-- Until later: Geoffrey [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
Think about it...

Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to