Gimp gurus,

I am curious as to how close the old "Grokking the GIMP" tutorial/manual
is in working with the new 1.3.x version.  I realize many things have
changed since that was written, but really shouldn't be too much of a
problem to adjust some of the instructions?  At least I don't think it
would.  That's why I am asking you gurus that have done the manual
before.

Also, will there be a new one for the 2.0 version soon to be released or
will there be or is there now a manual or tutorial for the new one yet?
I haven't done much with the Gimp earlier, but become more interested
as the 2.0 nears completetion.  The 1.3.17 looks very nice and is
performing very well, so I think it may be time to get into a tutorial
of some sort to learn more.

Thanks,
Patrick
        Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...