Call me a blind trend follower, but I'm getting curious about 3D anaglyph
(Latin for 'using those red-blue glasses') plugins for GIMP.

I figured out how to make anaglyphs by hand.  You basically just have two
layers, one red and one teal (green-blue).  Set to multiply.  Make one
layer about 5% larger than the other, offset it, and you see a 3D image if
you see it with anaglyph 3D glasses.

My first thought is that it'd be pretty easy to automate this task, and my
second thought was that it was probably easy enough that someone has
beaten me to it.  So has anyone out there seen anaglyph 3D plugins?

Sam Jones