Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

On Sunday 31 August 2003 2:56 pm, David selby wrote:

I am getting the hang of Gimp1.2. I use it mainly to print out
speciality cards via my inkjet.
When I start a fresh "canvas" I can and do define it in mm, set the
dpi & off I go. My questions are

1. Is there an easy way to move selections to the exact edge of the
canvas ? I end up zooming in and twitching the mouse till I get
0,0. Is there a quicker way ?

Yes. You can place guides at 0 X and 0 Y coordinates. To use guides, just click on the rulers at the window margin, and drag the guides to your image. The default behaviour for object placement is snap to these guides.

2. Is there a way to get the measure tool to read out in mm, I have
to convert from px with a calculator.

No, there is not. However, I think it is still feasible for 2.0. I just wonder if anyone has asked for this enhancemnet on bugzilla...

Many thanks
Dave

Thanks for your help everyone

Dave