On Monday 01 September 2003 10:43 am, Vittorio wrote:
> [Gimp-user] moving around a selection
> Date: Yesterday 10:43:58 am
> From: Vittorio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  (Nonexistent)
> To: gimp-user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Message was signed with unknown key.
> The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
> Problem: OpenPGP plug-in was not specified.
> Use the 'Settings->Configure KMail->Security' dialog to specify the
> plug-in or ask your system administrator to do that for you.
> Context: Linux and the Gimp.
> How can I move a selection around a picture, that is (and more
> precisely), move the frame of the selection only not its content
> (in order to e.g. "better center" the image the selection will
> contain)?

Hi there...

All you have to do is hold ALT and click and drag  the selection.

However, if you are in KDE, itīs default behavior is to captue this
event (alt + click and drag) to drag the window.

You have to disable this behavior in the kde control center
(kcontrol), Under LookNFeel, Window Behavior, modifier key + buttons
-> set them all to "Nothing".